Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
Information is crucial to operations and maybe even to the survival of any organization. Certification to ISO 27001 will help an organization to manage and protect its valuable information assets.
ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard which defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard is designed to ensure the selection of adequate and balanced security controls.
This helps an organization to protect its information assets and to give confidence to any interested parties, especially its customers. The standard is based in the process approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining, and improving an ISMS.
ISO 27001 is suitable for all organizations, large or small, from any sector. It is especially relevant to organizations where the protection of information is critical, such as in the finance, telecommunications, health, public and IT sectors. ISO 27001 is also very suitable for organizations which manage information on behalf of others, such as IT outsourcing companies (as a guarantee to customers that their information is being protected).
ISO 27001:2013 Certification Benefits:
Certifying an ISMS against ISO 27001 requirements can give the following benefits to an organization:
- Shows from an independent source that the organization’s internal controls are observed and that they meet corporate targets and objectives
- Shows that governance and business continuity requirements are met
- Shows that applicable laws and regulations are being observed
- Provides a competitive edge by meeting contractual requirements and demonstrating to the organization’s customers that the security of their information is essential
- Shows from an independent source that the organizational risks are properly identified, evaluated and managed
- Shows that information security processes, procedures and documentation are formalized
- Proves the organization’s senior management’s commitment to the security of its information
- Shows that through the regular assessment process it assists the organization to continually monitor its performance and to improve
- Shows that all information stored, processed by, or communicated through information systems has value to the organization
- ISO 27001:2013 uses risk assessment to provide a management system to:
- Maximize the availability of systems
- Provide assurance that the integrity of systems, processing and information is maintained
- Ensure that confidentiality of information is preserved
ABIUD Solutions gives the opportunity to any kind/type of company to implement Information Security Management System and get certified with Accredited Certification Body for ISO 27001:2013.